The membership for Central Massachusetts Emergency Medical Systems Corporation is outlined within the CMEMSC Bylaws of CMEMSC.
Powers and Duties:
- To elect the following at the Annual Meeting from those persons who have been nominated by the Nominating Committee or from the floor:
- The Board of Directors (this is the regional EMS council as defined in MGL Chap. 111C Section 4)
- The Officers of the Corporation; and
- The Chairpersons of each of the five standing committees, and
- To attend the annual and any special meetings duly called.
- To receive any reports and act on same when within the powers defined in these Bylaws.
- To do any other lawful acts in pursuit of the Corporation's purpose.
The membership shall meet not less than annually at the call of the secretary. The Annual Meeting shall be held on the first Tuesday of May each year (or, if that is a holiday, on the second Tuesday of May). If the Annual Meeting is not held in accordance with the foregoing provisions, a special meeting may be held in place thereof with all the force and effect of an annual meeting.
- The presence of forty (40) members shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of opening a meeting and conducting business.
- Any motion duly made and seconded at a meeting duly called at which there is a quorum shall be carried by a majority vote of those members present and voting.
- Special meetings may be called by the President or his designee, or upon a petition to the Secretary by ten or more Members.
- The meeting notice shall be mailed to each Member not less than one week prior to the meeting (except in the case of emergency meetings) and shall describe the date, time, place and agenda of the meeting.
- Voting by proxy shall not be permitted.
Each institution (town or hospital), or service desiring to designate a Member shall so indicate by written notice to the Corporation Secretary. (Designations are not updated or changed until we receive a letter from the designating authority.)
Central MA EMS Corp.
361 Holden Street
Holden, MA 01520
Sample, Town/First Responder Letter
Sample, Ambulance Service Letter
Sample, Hospital Letter